These pictures are taken from a canal-boat cruise from Boothstown to Wigan in the North of England. The legacy of Britain’s industrial past glided by, full of rust and texture. There was wildlife in the undergrowth, the banks overgrown with character (and pubs.) We had a birthday party on board and almost demolished the barge, which was eventually confiscated by the owners. Even our picnic table collapsed beneath us as we moored at a local watering hole. All told, a wonderful day, Pimm’s on the boat – terribly English!
- A Conversation
- Sinuous Branches Envelop Human-Sized Nests and Large Geometric Sculptures by Charlie Baker
- Looking into a Volcano
- The BBC Refused To Show This Brexit Disaster
- Woah! This Experiment May Have Found a Dark Energy Particle
- Routine Rhythms!
- Spectacular Winners of the 2021 Drone Photography Contest Capture a Bird’s-Eye View of the World | Colossal
- How Sperm Whales Learned to Outsmart their Hunters
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets