We see them at the grocery store, the farmer’s market and as side orders served with our favourite dish. In many countries, they are part of the cultural heritage and are consumed on a regular or even daily basis. In other parts of the world, they hardly garner a mention except when served in a soup on a cold winter’s day.
World Pulses Day is an opportunity to raise awareness of the nutritional benefits of pulses and their contribution to sustainable food systems and a world without hunger.
Follow FAO on social media!
* Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/UNFAO
* Instagram – https://instagram.com/fao
* LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/fao
* TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/@fao
* Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/fao/
* Weibo – https://www.weibo.com/unfao