Paris-based director and animator Charlotte Arene has created an uncanny stop-motion film centered on sleep that wavers between a nightmare and a peaceful slumber. Released in December 2019, “La mer à boire,” or “Unrealizable,” is shot in a typical bedroom, although the sheets, closet doors, and slippers move similarly to an energetic coastline.[…]
- I Misunderstood the Greenhouse Effect. Here’s How It Works.
- The Astonishing Biodiversity of Fungi Blooms in Max Mudie’s Macro Photographs | Colossal
- The power of pulses
- When Elephants Got Weird
- Do We Really Live Under Capitalism?
- Ornate Picture Frames Sprout Twisted Roots in Organic Sculptures by Darryl Cox | Colossal
- The Agate Mystery: Why We Can’t Synthesize This Common Gem
- Everything – Yes, Everything – is a SPRING! (Pretty much)
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets