“For the first time, we are forced to consider the real risk of destabilizing the entire planet,” says climate impact scholar Johan Rockström. In a talk backed by vivid animations of the climate crisis, he shows how nine out of the 15 big biophysical systems that regulate the climate — from the permafrost of Siberia to the great forests of the North to the Amazon rainforest — are at risk of reaching tipping points, which could make Earth uninhabitable for humanity. Hear his plan for putting the planet back on the path of sustainability over the next 10 years — and protecting the future of our children.
- What went wrong with the Tube Map?
- A New Book Repaints the Legacy of Street Art by Spotlighting Women Leading the Genre | Colossal
- In 1995, 14 wolves were released in Yellowstone National Park,,,
- Fascinating 19th Century Photos of Old Japan Brought To Life
- Nguri – Indigenous rangers tell ancient stories of the Great Barrier Reef | WWF-Australia
- Best of 2022: Top 50 Photographs From Around the World | My Modern Met
- The tiny COVID mistake with deadly implications | Katie Randall | TEDxKC
- How five lions escaped a zoo enclosure and are caught… on camera | BBC News
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets