Flickr user and photographer Okinawa Soba (Rob) has been documenting the obscure designs of public restroom facilities on the Japanese island of Okinawa for the last six years. Rob has lived on the island, which is home to 1.3 million residents, for nearly 43 years, and has had the chance to explore some of the stranger bathrooms the prefecture has to offer. Included in this group is a koi-shaped bathroom which asks guests to enter through the mouth, a sliced orange, a stubby trunk with windows that have replaced its missing branches, and a robotic crab.
- A Conversation
- Sinuous Branches Envelop Human-Sized Nests and Large Geometric Sculptures by Charlie Baker
- Looking into a Volcano
- The BBC Refused To Show This Brexit Disaster
- Woah! This Experiment May Have Found a Dark Energy Particle
- Routine Rhythms!
- Spectacular Winners of the 2021 Drone Photography Contest Capture a Bird’s-Eye View of the World | Colossal
- How Sperm Whales Learned to Outsmart their Hunters
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets