Working with the tattered remnants of consumer culture, artist Tamara Kostianovsky(previously) asks us to question the origins, process, and disastrous results of our seemingly unquenchable desire to buy and waste. Four distinct bodies of the artist’s work spanning fifteen years have been gathered at Smack Mellon in DUMBO, Brooklyn to form Between Wounds and Folds. The textile ecosystem of cow carcasses harboring new life, vibrantly hued cross-sections of trees, and colorful birds of prey, are constructed from repurposed fabrics and discarded textiles.
- Jane Goodall on fires, floods, frugality and the good fight
- Is this the GREATEST bass line of all time?
- The Geography of Vegetables
- TikTok Shows Motorcyclist Befriending Thirsty Armadillo on Highway | My Modern Met
- Sound on Mars | NASA Perseverance Rover
- Why giant turbines are pushing the limits of possibility
- Waterspout spectacle off the coast of Cuba | BBC News
- CONTRETEMPS – Animation Short Film 2021 – GOBELINS
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets